As a “data controller”, we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
The purpose of this site is to provide you with information about the services that we offer.
2 Who we are and how to contact us
Our site www.iddesignandmarketing.co.uk is operated by ID Design & Marketing Ltd, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number 8183697, with its registered office address at Suite 2, Ground Floor, Beswick House, Green Fold Way, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 3XJ.
3 The data we may collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data or information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect personal information from you through this website and/or in connection with services offered by us through this website, when you contact us or request information from us, or when you make an enquiry or request in respect of a service offered through our website.
The personal data we may collect and process about you may include:
· Contact details, such as your name, business email address, postal address and phone number(s);
· Information such as the details of the company you work for, your title or position, professional background information, and information as to any relationship with a member of our staff;
· Technical information relating to your visits to our website or in relation to eshots or other communications we may send to you electronically;
· Marketing data about whether you would like to receive marketing communications from us and your preferences in relation to such marketing.
Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us, using the contact details set out in section 15 below.
4 How we collect data
The majority of the personal data we collect about you in connection with the services provided via this website is collected when you interact with us directly (via our site, by email, telephone or otherwise). When you interact with our site, our systems may automatically collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this data (namely technical information) by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies (see further information below).
5 How and why we use your data
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. We will process your personal information as follows:
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to:
o process your contact details for the purposes of responding to enquiries regarding the services offered via our site, and liaising with you in order to provide the services selected;
o process payment information for the purposes of collecting and managing payments;
o process technical information to administer and protect our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support), and to use data analytics to understand use of our site, and improve our site, services, and marketing;
o monitor and improve the effectiveness of our marketing communications, which may include monitoring or tracking responses and engagement;
o fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations;
· to process contact details and marketing preferences to send you marketing information regarding our training courses and other services, where we have your consent to do so, or it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
We may also collect and use aggregated data from the use of our website. Such aggregated data is derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate data relating to the number of users accessing our site or a specific page on our site.
A cookie is a small data file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our site.
7 Marketing emails
We may send you marketing communications by email and post, where we are permitted to do so by law, including where we have legitimate interests to do so or if you have consented to receive marketing communications from us. You may unsubscribe from receiving such marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
8 Who may we disclose personal data to
In connection with the provision of our services, we may allow third parties to process personal data about you, insofar as we are permitted by law to do so, including:
· Our suppliers and service providers, such as IT service providers (including our hosting provider, providers of software as a service and email service providers);
· Debt collection, credit reference and tracing agencies;
· Providers of analytics, marketing and advertising services.
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties:
· Our auditors, regulators and other authorities;
Where such third parties process personal data on our behalf, we require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our data processors to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
In some instances where we share data with certain third parties, such as HM Revenue & Customs, those third parties will also be controllers of your data.
9 Transfers outside the EEA
We use a third party provider to host this site, which may involve the hosting of personal data on servers based in the USA. As this is outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards in respect of personal data are implemented, which may include any of the following:
· As the provider is based in the USA, we may transfer data to that provider if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US; or
· We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection as it has in Europe.
10 How we protect your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know, and who will be required to process such personal information only on our instructions.
11 How long we keep your data for
We keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures. The periods for which we keep data depend on the nature of the information and the purpose for which the information is collected and used. Our retention periods take into account legal and regulatory requirements and are subject to change. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
12 Links to third party websites
Our site may include links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
13 Your rights in respect of your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation provides certain rights for data subjects in respect of personal data:
· the right to request access to personal data that we hold about you and how we process it;
· you may have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have personal data we hold about you rectified or restricted;
· you may, in some circumstances, have the right to have personal data we hold about you deleted (although note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request);
· in some circumstances, you may have the right to receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party;
· you have the right to object to how we process your personal data in certain circumstances, including the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
· where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time (this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above in respect of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to verify your identity, to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You may contact us by email at email@example.com.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance and we shall endeavour to resolve your complaint.
15 Contact us
+44(0) 1942 203 386
Dated 6 October 2020